Thursday, October 31, 2013

More Halloween fun!

Some more fun Halloween poems and songs that we learned in Ash class:

Orange Pumpkin (tune of I'm a little Teapot)

I'm an orange pumpkin, fat and round
Growing in a cornfield, on the ground
I'll be a Jack-O-Lantern, with two big eyes
Or maybe I'll be baked in two fat pies!

Did you ever see a pumpkin? (tune of Did You Ever See a Lassie?)

Did you ever see a a pumpkin, a pumpkin, a pumpkin,
Did you ever see a pumpkin with no face at all?
With no eyes, and no nose, and no mouth, and no teeth
Did you ever see a pumpkin with no face at all?

So I made a Jack-O-Lantern, a Jack-O-Lantern, a Jack-O-Lantern
So I made a Jack-O-Lantern with a big, funny face.
With big eyes and big nose and big mouth and big teeth
So I made a Jack-O-Lantern with a big funny face.

We had a fun Halloween celebration in class. We read a fun book called The Little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything, with lots of actions! The children loved to join in! We decorated some pumpkins and spiders, drew the outside and inside of a pumpkin and played a modified version "Headbands" but with Halloween symbols. It was a lot of fun, and the children learned how to give good clues to their friends.
We hope you had a fun Halloween night - with a moderate amount of chocolate!