Monday, January 20, 2014

Help! The Runaway Gingerbread Man!

Today Ash class had a lot of fun baking gingerbread men and women. We thought of what we needed to get started and looked at the recipe. We followed the recipe, made the dough, rolled it out and made the cookies using gingerbread men and women cookie cutters! I put them in the oven while Ms. Spain held down the fort in the classroom. After 8 minutes , the timer went off and I could smell the ginger aroma in the air.  I opened the oven door, and as I was taking them out of the oven, I couldn't believe what happened! One of our gingerbread men jumped up, hopped out of the oven and ran right past me....right out the door. I tried to catch him, but he ran so fast..... I called out to him, but he just kept on running!!! I was in disbelief. I could not believe that it was possible for this to happen, just like in the story. I told the children what had happened, and they were in shock. I had many responses, but mostly, they want to look for him tomorrow! So that is what we will do. I think we will make and post some signs around the school to see if anyone has seen our Gingerbread Man, and we will ask around. So please, if you happen to see him, try and stop him and bring him back to us! We will keep you posted......